Procedure For Citizen’s Filing A Tort Claim
Mailing Address for filing Tort Claim:
Notice of Tort Claim Against Tulsa County
Tulsa County Clerk’s Office
500 S. Denver
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103
Directions for Filing Tort Claim:
- Claim shall be typed if possible. If typing is not feasible, neat, legible hand writing may be substituted.
- Claim shall be titled “NOTICE OF TORT CLAIM AGAINST TULSA COUNTY.”
- Claim shall provide the following information in clear language:
- A thorough description of the incident.
- The location (address), date and time of the incident.
- Names of any and all known witnesses to the incident (and telephone numbers or other means of contact, if known).
- Name of the County employee to whom the incident was reported.
- The claimant’s name, address and home and work telephone numbers.
- The claimant shall sign and date the tort claim.
- The claimant shall file the tort claim in the office of the County Clerk by either:
- Submitting the tort claim in person.
- Mailing the tort claim in an envelope to the address above.
- Claimant shall obtain a minimum of three (3) quotes for property damage.
- Claimant shall document damage with photographs and submit with tort claim.
- Claimant shall provide a minimum of two (2) estimates for vehicle repairs, utilizing repair shops of their choice.