• Veterans Information

Tulsa County welcomes our nation’s Veterans to our facilities and our employee ranks. Here you’ll find information on how we can help you preserve your military discharge papers, our specialty Veteran’s Treatment Court, tax exemptions for Disabled Veterans, and our Veterans hiring practices.


Tulsa County Clerk’s Office

DD214 - Military Discharge Papers

The DD214 is one of the most important documents you will get from the final out-processing appointment. It is your proof of military service. This document shows the nature of your discharge, dates of service, and current classification. It is often needed to claim most of your VA benefits.

The Tulsa County Clerk’s Office will file your DD214 Military Discharge Papers for free as well as provide you or authorized persons with certified copies for free. It is important to have this on file in case it gets lost or you need a certified copy for future purposes. Discharge information is not public record and can be only obtained by you or authorized persons.

You may file your DD214 in our office Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (except government holidays).

If you have any questions or need more information, please call our office at 918-596-5801, Option 3, for Land Records.


Community Service Council – Veteran’s Treatment Court

The Veterans Treatment Court is part of the Community Service Council’s Tulsa Alternative Courts Program. This program helps those who served our nation and who have been charged with a criminal offense and struggle with drug and/or alcohol addictions, and/or mental health problems. Veterans Treatment Court is modeled after specialty drug courts, such as the one Community Service Council helped to create in Tulsa, which have proven to be effective in handling criminal cases of substance abusers, restoring lives and preventing future arrests.

If you have any questions or need more information, please visit the link below or call 918-588-8467.



Tulsa County Assessor’s Office

The Assessor’s office will provide Veteran’s Exemption for 100 % Disabled Veterans. The 100% Disabled Veteran’s Exemption provides an exemption of the full Fair Cash Value (Market) of homestead property. In order to qualify for this Exemption, the individual must be:

  • Head of household
  • Who has been honorably discharged from active service in a branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or Oklahoma National Guard
  • Who has been certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to have one hundred percent (100%) permanent disability sustained through military action or accident or resulting from a disease contracted while in active service
  • Who, as of January 1, owns the property that has a Homestead Exemption in place or is eligible for a Homestead Exemption on the property

You may apply for this exemption at the Tulsa County Assessor’s Office between 8:00–5:00 Monday–Friday (excluding holidays).

If you have any questions or need more information, please visit the link below or call 918-596-5100.



Human Resources

Tulsa County fully recognizes, honors, and complies with the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. We provide our managers and supervisors with the tools they need to effectively manage employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve. We appreciate the values, leadership, and unique skills Service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans. We will continually recognize and support our country’s Service members and their families, in peace, in crises, and in war.

Apply for Tulsa County open positions at the link below.