Visit the Sheriff’s web site
The Sheriff is responsible for maintaining law and order within the borders of Tulsa County. He commands a full service agency that includes detention, court services and operations divisions; total employed by the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is well over 500 people.
TCSO Start Date: January 2, 1989
Law Enforcement History:
1989 to Present – Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office1966 to 1989 – Tulsa Police Department
Stanley Glanz began his law enforcement career with the Tulsa Police Department. While with TPD he achieved the rank of Major and served in that capacity leading the Detective Division, the Traffic Division, and the Records and Communication Division. He was elected Tulsa County Sheriff in Nov, 1988 and took office on January 2, 1989. In 2004, Attorney General John Ashcroft appointed Sheriff Glanz to the National Institute of Corrections Advisory Board. In 2007, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office, under direction of Sheriff Glanz, received the National Sheriffs' Association Triple Crown Award for achieving accreditation from ACA, CALEA and NCCHC.
• 1996, Oklahoma’s Sheriff of the Year
• 2000, National Sheriffs' Association – Sheriff of the Year
Committee Associations and Positions:
• ACA, Standards Comittee Member
• National Institute of Corrections, Advisory Board member
• National Sheriffs' Association, Board of Directors
• National Sheriffs' Association Accreditation, Detention and Corrections Committee, Chairman.
Education and Training:
• 97th Session of the FBI National Academy
• FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Seminar
• National Sheriffs’ Institute
• Southwestern Police Academy
• Masters Degree from Oklahoma City University
• Bachelors Degree from Tulsa University